Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet little special order

Living in Utah has its advantages (among so many others): you get to go to TONS of baby showers!! :)

And baby showers are SO fun for me, first, because I love babies, I love being pregnant, I love seeing this new little one and mommy being spoiled and receiving tons of presents; second, I get to hang out with friends and have a great time; last, but no least, I get to give gifts I made myself specially for baby and mommy.

This last week I was working on this sweet little special order.
Our friends Michael and Kristi are having their first baby and I am seriously so excited for them.
Months ago I saw this fabric on Riley Blake website and I knew I'd have to make something with it for the parents-to-be...or the baby, for that matter. :)
Michael and Kristi looooooveee skulls. They have the picture all over their house. I just HAD to make them something with the same theme right?

I sure had a lot of fun making those gifts. So here we go:

the car seat canopy:


 Because skulls in a black background is not that girl-y, I had to pair it with some pink fabric and ric rac. Oh my!!! I didnt think it was going to turn out THIS cute!!!


Then, I made a little burp cloth.....



and, of course, I HAD to make a little hair clip. What girl doesnt like a cute hair clip?


And to top it all off, I made this applique of flower on a baby bodysuit. CUUUTEEEE!!


Congrats Michael and Kristi!!! Can't wait to see baby girl's little face!!

xoxo
Beka

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You are very creative, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete